Folks, it’s going to be a hot one! Highs are predicted to be above 90° during this first week of August. When it’s this hot, stay cool indoors — here are some ideas:
- Try taking a class in one of our air-conditioned facilities. This week, we have everything: tech literacy (iPhones, Macs and more), basic sewing, meditation and even fermenting sauerkraut and beyond!
- Catch a movie. SpringFilm has a free showing of “Night Moves” at Wildish Community Theater on Thursday evening, 6:30 p.m. On Friday at 1:30 p.m., the Oscar-lauded “La La Land” is this week’s matinee at the Adult Activity Center.
- Want to get in a workout? Don’t miss our flash sale: Get your August ALL-ACCESS Fitness Passes for just $19.69! If you don’t have your ALL-ACCESS Pass yet, this is an inexpensive way to start out and try a few of our many group exercise classes.
- You can’t go wrong with staying cool in the pool! We have activities such as lap swimming, water exercise and exercise on your own for adults at both Willamalane Park Swim Center and Splash! at Lively Park all week long. For families with children, waterpark, recreation and adult & child swims are great places to chill out.
- Get on an air-conditioned bus and get out of town! Our Fossils, Meteorites and So Much More trip will take you to the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals, then to a lovely lunch at McMenamin’s Grand Lodge Hotel.
Stay cool, be safe and have fun this week!