What does summer sound like?
Does it sound like the giggles and shrieks of kids playing water games at camp? Does it sound like the rhythm and thump of live music drifting through the neighborhood? Does it sound like the thunk you hear from a soccer ball, moments before it goes sailing across the field?
Willamalane has some ideas for your next season of fun, and it all Sounds Like Summer to us — including our summer series of concerts, movies and outdoor plays by that name.
- Explore camps of all kinds, from sports, nature and science to fairy tales and climbing.
- Pedal the Paths on a family bike ride down the new Mill Race Path.
- Enjoy stories around the campfire and a Flashlight Hike at Dorris Ranch.
- Paddle the waters of a nearby lake, creek or river on a guided trip.
- Learn how to fish — and practice your water skills in the pool before hitting the lake in a boat.
- Play grown-up versions of Red Light-Green Light and Capture the Flag during Adult Recess.
- Try a yoga workout that will leave you feeling stronger.
- Learn about the art of home brewing as it’s practiced around the world.
— AND MORE! It’s all inside the summer 2017 Willamalane recreation guide, yours to explore, one page at a time.