Please note that the Adult Activity Center will be closed starting Friday, Aug. 18 at 3 p.m. for our annual maintenance shut down. We will reopen Monday, August 28th at 8 a.m.
This year’s weeklong closure is not only focused on the cleaning and maintenance of equipment, but also on staff development and planning.
Priority work items include the McKenzie floor refinishing, cleaning the carpet and upholstery, deep cleaning of surfaces, power washing all exterior surfaces, fixtures, windows and doors and resurfacing and restriping the parking lot. This is a team effort and all staff pitch in to help.
Due to the refinishing of the McKenzie Room floors, dance programs will be suspended until Sept. 5 to allow the floors to cure up to standards. Group exercise classes will resume August 28 but classes will not be permitted to use weights until Sept. 5.
The following group exercise classes will be available at Bob Keefer Center during closure:
- Stability Balls: Monday/Wednesday, 8 a.m.
- Strength & Flexibility: Monday/Wednesday, 9 a.m.
- Tai Chi, Moving for Better Balance: Monday/Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
- Latin Cardio Fusion: Monday/Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.
- Intro to Weight Training: Tuesday/Thursday, 10 a.m.
- Move it! (Functional Fitness): Tuesday/Thursday, 10:30 a.m.
- MELT: Tuesday/Thursday, 12 p.m.
- Silver Sneakers: Tuesday/Thursday, 1:30 p.m.