Amplify your outdoor adventures with these handy mobile apps.
- Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder will guide you to nearby public lands.
- National Parks by Chimani contains details on 400+ units managed by the National Park Service.
- Moves is a pedometer app that tracks your every step, along with other physical activities like running, walking and bicycling.
- AllTrails Hiking, Train Running & Biking Trails provides maps, photos and reviews of more than 50,000 trails.
- iNaturalist helps you upload photos of plants, animals and GPS locations to share with an online community of nature lovers.
- Geocaching is the world’s largest treasure hunting community. Use the app to find hidden containers on your journeys.
- Pollen Alert is a simple and functional tool to notify you about allergy pollen levels.
- Offline Survival Manual contains information on first aid, fire building and finding shelter and food – all skills that come in handy when hiking and camping.
Do you have any apps you love for your outdoor adventures? Comment and tell us what you use!
Source: National Environmental Education Foundation