This November, we’ve prepared a special activity for visitors to Dorris Ranch: a series of 10 geocaches for you to track down!
Geocaching is a global treasure-hunting game where small containers of prizes are hidden in public places. Participants receive a set of clues and coordinates, then set off to find their prize.
How to participate:
- Visit geocaching.com to learn more about this fun activity.
- Prepare your Geocaching supplies. Most commonly, these include good shoes for walking around, a pen, and small treasures. Think poker chips, toy cars or coins.
- Visit the kiosk at Dorris Ranch to pick up a Geocache passport. This will include coordinates and hints for all 10 caches in the park.
- Set off in search of the Geocaches! Each will contain its own stamp and ink pad, which you can use to mark your passport.
- Bring your completed passport to Willamalane Center to redeem it for a limited-time-only GeoCoin! These are badges of honor for Geocachers who have completed certain Geocaching series or attended events.