With the influx of folks wandering our parks with cell phone in hand, we know that our community is excited about Pokemon Go. We’re excited, too. That’s why we’re opening a new contest on Aug. 2: Show Us Your Go!
It’s easy. Take your phone to Willamalane parks and play as normal. (Start at Lively Park – there are five Poke Stops there alone!) Then when you go in to catch your Pokemon, get yourself in frame and snap a screenshot. Then share it on Willamalane’s Facebook or tag us on Instagram between Aug. 2-14!
On Aug. 15, we’ll open voting for the community favorite pictures. Share the Facebook poll with your friends in a showdown for the very best picture through Aug. 17. Our top two contenders will win entry into our brand-new costume makeup class, where you’ll learn techniques for zombifying and fairyfying yourself as we move in to Halloween and cosplay season.
So, let’s get GOing! Here’s a quick recap:
- Please keep your photos family-friendly and appropriate.
- Photos must be at a Willamalane park or facility to qualify. Please recognize posted opening hours.
- Submission is between Aug. 2-14.
- Voting is between Aug. 15-17.
- The winners will be announced Aug. 18.
Note that the dates have been updated to lengthen the contest.
Finally, join us for Lively Park After Dark! View the details here: